£37.00 - £41.46 per hour + PAYE only (£41.46 including holiday pay)
7 months ago
Test Equipment Design Engineer
Stevenage - 6 month contract - Pay rate £37 p/h PAYE (£41.46 incl holiday pay)
We are looking to recruit a Test Equipment Engineer with drive and enthusiasm to join Europe's number one missile system provider, developing and designing Test Equipment solutions for the next generation of weapons.
- To provide support in the day to day running of Test Equipment product support activities.
- Management of the technical change through the engineering change process.
- To solve potentially complex technical problems from cradle to grave through the use of structured problem solving techniques.
- Wide ranging technical background with exposure from system level down to component level within numerous technical disciplines; including EMC, RF, Digital & Analogue, Video and Power supplies.
- Taking an active role in maintaining and modifying relevant engineering processes and procedures. Also working closely with managers to develop team improvements.
- Working across multiple projects and developing solutions for products at differing stages of maturity including prototyping, production and end-user equipment.
- Excellent communication skills are required to create and maintain working relationships with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent understanding of: Digital and Analogue Electronics (new and old) - Wiring diagrams and schedules - Microsoft products.
- Good understanding of: Instrument communication systems (GPIB /Lan / BCD) - Power control, power switching and supply regulation from DC to 3 phase - Interlock and safety related circuits on mechanical and electrical machines and safe working with low to medium power RF signals.
- Basic Understanding of: RF measurement techniques and equipment - Boundary scan (JTAG) test, diagnostics and programming - Firmware coding.
- Related competence in one or more of the following: The use of CAE Design tools - Negotiation of subsystem requirements with the systems teams - Writing Subsystem Requirement and associated documents - Ability to provide succinct and accurate reports and presentations.
- Proven ability in the design, integration and validation of test solutions for electronic / electro mechanical equipment and systems.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the projects involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a full UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level. This role will need to work from the office for the first 6-8 weeks in order to embed into the role, while COVID-19 is still ongoing it can then switch to working from home.