Belfast, County Antrim
£47.00 - £50.00 per hour
3 months ago
Test Equipment Design Engineer - Contract 6 Months - Belfast
This role is to undertake the design and development of test equipment that meet customer requirements and business needs. You will carry out Test Equipment Systems design/ development and support tasks appropriate to the lifecycle phase of the product in order to deliver Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) test solutions.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop test plans in conjunction with Engineering Designers.
- Ensure Testability requirements are satisfied.
- Ensure Customer Test Specifications are understood and that requirements are satisfied
- Design of Factory Test Equipment and delivery of associated data packs including schematic capture, cable drawings and General Assembly drawings.
- Development of Test Hardware including ATE (Automatic Test Equipment), Test Harness, Manual Test Box Equipment, and Circuit card Assemblies.
- Review design packs associated with Test Hardware (e.g. Circuit card Assemblies) and modify to satisfy requirements
- Review legacy design of circuit cards- Electrical design of circuit cards or modification of design of circuit cards
- Development of test documentation for use during Production Acceptance Test and proving of Test Equipment.
- Support formal introduction of Test Hardware to Factory, and support to operations during early Production ramp of Product Acceptance Test including fault diagnosis and repair.
SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Test equipment requirements analysis, specification & design.
- Proficiency in use of data management tools for product lifecycle management
- Analogue and digital design of Test hardware
- Demonstrable skills in electrical hardware design of Test equipment including component selection, design capture for Test harness, Test Box, and Test interfaces associated with Test Rack equipment.
- Knowledge of hardware development lifecycles and methodologies
- Proven ability in specification of Pressure Test, in design and development of pressure test equipment up to 300 bar.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION
WE SEEK A TEST SYSTEMS DESIGN ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE/SPACE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)