30 days ago
Morson International are currently recruiting for an experienced Test/Commissioning Engineer on behalf of our defence client based in Devonport, Plymouth.
The successful candidate is required to be part of a team of Engineers within the Commissioning Group (Warships), carrying out Inspections and Commissioning on HM Warships. Including liaising with both Royal Navy and Project staff on a daily basis. Completion of Test Documentation and Certification is another key role within this job.
Main Tasks Responsibilities
- To ensure the safe operation of all plant during the conduct of setting to work and commissioning and to comply with the requirements of Company procedures.
- The inspection, testing, calibration and commissioning of systems and equipment in accordance with authorised documentation. This may include carrying out fault finding, proposing corrective solutions and identifying/signing off defects
- Researching and compiling test documentation in accordance with the test index and ensuring that the requirements of the work specification are understood and include
- Knowledge of Royal Naval platforms
- Knowledge of Electrical / Mechanical Marine Systems
- Experience of commissioning process
- Knowledge of Power and Distribution equipment/systems
- Knowledge of Mechanical Auxiliary Systems
- Flexibility and good team player essential.
- Knowledge Diesel; Generators advantageous
- Time served Apprenticeship in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- ONC in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, a lower level of qualification may be acceptable provided the post holder has substantial and relevant experience.