£28.00 - £35.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
Morson International are currently looking to recruit a Test Engineer on behalf of our naval client based in Devonport
Test Engineer Requirements
- To be part of a team of Engineers within the Commissioning Group (Warships), carrying out Inspections and Commissioning on HM Warships. Including liaising with both Royal Navy and Project staff on a daily basis.
- Completion of Test Documentation and Certification is another key role within this job.
Main Tasks Responsibilities
- To ensure the safe operation of all plant during the conduct of setting to work and commissioning and to comply with the requirements of Company procedures.
- The inspection, testing, calibration and commissioning of systems and equipment in accordance with authorised documentation. This may include carrying out fault finding, proposing corrective solutions and identifying/signing off defects
- Researching and compiling test documentation in accordance with the test index and ensuring that the requirements of the work specification are understood and included
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCES
- Knowledge of Royal Naval platforms
- Knowledge of Electrical / Mechanical Marine Systems
- Experience of commissioning process
- Knowledge of Power and Distribution equipment/systems
- Knowledge of Mechanical Auxiliary Systems
- Flexibility and good team player essential.
- Knowledge Diesel; Generators advantageous
Commissioning a variety of different naval systems, such as; pumps, cables, galley equipment etc.