£50 - £55 per hour + negotiable
9 months ago
The Senior Test Development Engineer will be responsible for design, manufacture, verification and validation along with through life technical support of board level, sub-system and system level test equipment for military products within the company. You must have in-depth hardware and applicable test related software design engineering experience. Capable of supplying engineering leadership and technical guidance within test group to ensure robust and timely delivery of test equipment to support production manufacturing's needs.
- To design, build and commission custom functional test equipment to support our client's UK production manufacturing facility.
- Contribute and Lead Technically within the engineering team developing test equipment to meet the specified test requirements within scope, cost, and schedule.
- Prepare/Contribute to bids for power conversion products.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to test equipment design teams as necessary.
- To provide support to engineering management and customers in all aspects of test equipment design and manufacture.
- Prepare design evidence and present design review data to engineering management / customers.
- To use and develop tools and techniques to improve test equipment design processes.
- Develop product test specifications in conjunction with customers.
- Utilise company Six Sigma process improvement principles.
- Execute development activities in accordance with Integrated Product Development processes.
SKILLS AND PROVEN ABILITY:
Proven ability in the hardware design of test equipment such as:-
- Actuator systems
- GPS systems
- Switched Mode PSUs from W to kW;
- High speed serial and parallel communication interfaces;
- RF test development;
- FPGA, DSP;
- Precision Analogue A/D & D/A convertors;
- Small signal analogue measurement techniques.
Proven ability in software design of test equipment using languages / tools, such as:-
- Test Stand;
- LabView CVI;
Use of PLCS and PIC Micro-controllers.
Design Engineering and full product lifecycles.
Problem analysis and resolution.