Crawley, West Sussex
£40 - £46 per hour
7 months ago
Our client operates in both the defence and civilian aerospace sectors supporting systems that keep our skies running - from air traffic management, training and simulation solutions, nose-to-tail aircraft connectivity and in-flight services. We are currently looking for a Test Design Engineer to join our client in the Flight Avionics department.
The role will involve producing diagnostics of test equipment hardware, fault finding and being proactive in finding and delivering solutions. As such, we are very much looking for a Test Design Engineer as opposed to a Test Engineer / Operator.
To support the FLX AVS support team as a Test Design Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that current test solutions are available for production and repairs use within reasonable timeframes, for assisting the AVS Support Team Lead in creating and meeting the budget, timescale and required throughput. You will also be responsible for debugging when there are problems on the rig and assessing if it is a test rig issue, logging the issues and measuring downtime as well as suggesting and acting on ways to improve the test solutions to reduce the 'firefighting' at rig side.
- To ensure that the AVS test rigs are functioning and debug/problem solve at rig side when they are not
- To contribute to the generation of project cost and schedule information.
- To suggest ways to improve the up-time of the rig
- To ensure the product is delivered on time and to budget
- To support the management of project risks.
- To support project 'team building'.
- To ensure that project safety and airworthiness requirements are addressed in a manner consistent with company processes.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Hardware Diagnostics / Fault Finding and Solution
- Technical understanding of test rigs
- HND or equivalent in an electronics engineering subject (or equivalent, including relevant working experience)
Experience in at least one of the following:
- LabVIEW object generation
- LabWindows / CVI
- PXI / GPIB
- STTE Design
- JTAG (JTAG Tech / XJTAG /J-TESTr)
- ARINC-429 / 1553B Interface Protocols
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Avionics Systems
- Visual Basic