5 months ago
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith Newburgh, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy and global customers to create products which protect lives at sea.
Due to continued success and expansion we are currently looking to recruit a Test & Acceptance Leader Test Engineer to lead/perform test activities and produce test documentation on allocated projects in support of the project T&A Manager.
Scope of the role:
Responsibilities vary greatly according to the size and type of project, but typically they will include:
* Lead test phases or events for given projects.
* Create and develop test plans, procedures and schedules for verification of design testing including Validation & Verification strategy
* Preparing and agreeing test specifications, budgets and timescales with clients.
* Develop, manage and perform testing of product, unit and integration whilst working with project teams.
* Support test activities and implement test solutions.
* Provide testing expertise where appropriate.
* Analysis and evaluation of test evidence and interpretation of test data.
* Writing of reports and test documentation along with supporting the writing of test documentation.
* Ensure all test activities that are performed conform to external/internal requirements and necessary standards including Safety standards.
* Support to the T&A Manager with Bid activities.
* Support the T&A Manager for given projects.
* Implement the AEUK T&A strategy and documentation.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
* Degree or HND/HNC qualified in an Engineering/Scientific discipline
* Must have experience in an Engineering/Scientific discipline & have experience in managing/leading testing activities.
* Specialism within an engineering discipline would be an advantage, i.e. electrical, acoustic etc.
* Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) or Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) or working to achieve membership is desirable.
* Knowledge and understanding of Engineering lifecycles and process.
* Preferably have an understanding of military systems in particular maritime systems though other system knowledge will be considered
* Understanding of Electro-Mechanical testing.
* Must be capable of writing technical reports and have experience of writing independently and extracting information from technical experts.
* Experience with Standards (particularly Military biased Def. Stan, Mil-Spec etc.) preferable.
* Experience with DOORS or DOORS NG would be an advantage.
* Personally organised and self-motivated.
* Flexible and adaptive.
* Be willing to work away from base at test houses both in the UK and abroad and customer locations.
* Confident, articulate and robust.
* Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
* Effective time management within a multi-tasking environment.
* The ability to work effectively within a growing, changing workplace.
* Promote a "can do" attitude.
* Use expertise and knowledge to make a strong contribution to test activities.
* Full driving license.
* SC Cleared or willing to be externally vetted for SC or DV clearance.
* Willing and able to perform submarine and ships trials.