about 1 year ago
Test and Acceptance Engineer
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Burridge - minimal travel to other client sites
Rate: Negotiable Daily Rate - 3 days per week
Our client produces market-leading secure communication systems, intelligence gathering and situational awareness technology for the world's most challenging environments.
They seek a Test and Acceptance Engineer Lead to be responsible for the delivery of all Validation and Verification activities relating to a Security Integration System for a natural gas platform in preparation for the Integrated Factory Acceptance Testing Phase 2 (IFAT2).
- To use the System Requirements Document and Verification Cross Reference Index to plan writing Test Procedures for IFAT2.
- To work independently to ensure all aspects of IFAT2 are considered and managed.
- To liaise with the Lead Systems Engineer, Engineering Director, Software Manager and Project Engineers to ensure Test Procedures meet Ultra Electronics and Noble Energy expectations.
- To use expert knowledge of Command and Control Systems to add value to the IFAT2 Test Procedures.
- To issue Test Procedures to Noble Energy for formal review.
- To perform early Integration Testing, using IFAT2 Test Procedures and reporting issues back to the software team using Jira.
- To ensure good Configuration Management is followed, to ensure configuration control of Test Procedures is maintained, issues identified are tracked to a conclusion and testing correctly captures the build standard of software tested.
- To formally dry run IFAT2 Tests prior to IFAT2.
- To formally conduct IFAT2 Testing, witnessed by Noble Energy and their representatives.
- To write an IFAT2 Test Report.
Skills / Proven Ability / Knowledge
- Expertise in independently leading Test and Acceptance activities.
- Expertise in working with Command and Control systems.
- Proven Ability in Sensor Integration.
- Sound working knowledge of Networks.
- Good understanding of Electronic Interfaces.
- Proven Ability in Command & Control Systems.
- Basic understanding of Virtualisation.
- In-depth working knowledge of Databases (SQL/Oracle).
- Configuration Management.
- Proficient in the use of Requirement capture tools (DOORS) (Desirable).
- Knowledge and understanding of systems development V-Model.
- Managing small teams.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK AN ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVRIONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL)