£30.00 - £50.00 per hour
9 months ago
Test Analyst (Must hold valid SC)
7 Month Contract
**You must have valid SC Clearance***
Within the solutions team, you will deliver collaborative solutions for use by the entire UK defence maritime enterprise including the customer and other industry participants. The products span the solution space from database applications through to big data and analytics.
Degree qualified or with relevant experience, you will be responsible for manual functional and system test design, execution and reporting.
You will be responsible for providing manual testing of solutions as part of the delivery team, offering test advice, guidance, estimations to ensure our products, solutions and services meet specified requirements and are fit for live within project timelines.
The Test Analyst has the following principal tasks and responsibilities:
* Working with test tools
* Supporting the production of test artefacts including test strategies, test plans, test cases, test completion reports
* Test execution - assurance of software and solutions
* Experience with writing SQL queries for data manipulation as part of both test data creation and execution
* Ability to utilise test techniques where required i.e. RBT, EP/BVA, State Transition, Exploratory etc.
* Experience with assuring the quality of a variety of products and system integration solutions and Web Services (SOAP and REST), XML
* Services Oriented Architecture (SOA), SOAP UI, Web Service Testing
* Databases (Oracle, Mongo or MS SQL Server)
* Operating Systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Windows Server, VMware)
* Understanding of software delivery approaches and frameworks (Waterfall, V-Model, Iterative, Agile, SOA, test-driven development).
* Defect management process
* Understanding and awareness of the software development lifecycle
* Working within a software development team/lifecycle as an active test analyst
* Working closely with and supporting the Test Lead / Project Team to provide test estimates and plans for all functional test activities as required.
* Planning, specification, designing and execution of functional test cases to confirm requirements have been met.
* Working closely with delivery teams to identify all functional test points with priority and creation of test data in advance of commencement of formal test execution cycles.
* Production / maintenance of regression test pack.
* Identification of test risks, reporting and mitigation.
* Participation in analysis and design workshops, in order to gain information required to enable test design and allow for early review cycles.
* Production / assisting with daily and adhoc test progress reports and test completion reports
* Test completion report - providing input and production of.
* Review of Unit test results.
The successful applicant will exhibit the following personal attributes and experience:
* Leadership in a software testing role in a delivery focussed environment
* Advanced knowledge of Software Testing theories and practices
* Deep and practical experience of software delivery approaches and frameworks - waterfall, agile, V-Model.
* Experience of improving and implementing test processes
* Excellent analytical skills coupled with a strong technical background
* Experience of creating detailed reports and giving presentations
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Performance testing desirable
* Automated Testing desirable
* Excellent communication and customer skills
* Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team.
* The ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload.
Interested? - Hit Apply.
***You Must Hold Valid SC to be considered for this role***