£42 - £45 per hour
about 1 month ago
Application Software Engineer
Duration: 12 Months
Rate: £45 Per hour
Our Client is developing new terminals / antenna systems and a Software Engineer is required to join the team to maintain the upgrades of legacy Terminal software as well as develop future Terminal control software.
The Application Software Engineer will be responsible for maintaining a high degree of technical competency within the Terminals Product group and will manage and guide the existing team in the role of providing innovative Terminals design solutions and implement new design concepts that solve complex technical problems and set technical standards in this field.
Skills / Proven Ability / Knowledge
- Proven development and maintenance of Real Time Monitor and Control software developed within Microsoft Visual Studio (C++) using Win32 & .Net
- Good analytical debugging within a Multithreaded system.
- Preparation of software requirements documentation, derivation of Software requirements from System level requirements.
- Simulation of the software functions to enable software test in absence of the full system.
- Understanding of the full software lifecycle.
- Software documentation relating to through life support of the software product
- Enterprise Architect
- Clearcase, Clearquest (or equivalent tools)
- Knowledge of Satcom Communications products and services, as well as networking fundamentals (SNMP) will be a distinct advantage.
- Implementation of real time control systems in software / an understanding of the relationships between control loop response time and software processing time.