Up to £0.00 per annum + £38-42 Per Hour
21 days ago
6 months plus
Working with minimal supervision or guidance, the fundamental requirement of this role is to deliver temporary works designs for projects across a range of sectors, including rail, water and highways.
* Development of detailed design of required elements of temporary works
* Development of TWs registers and assisting site teams in seeking solutions
* Category 3 design checking
* RAMS reviews and buildability reviews for temporary works
* Managing graduate engineers in the development of designs
* Effectively communicating and collaborating with site TWCs and relevant teams to develop ideas.
Role is most likely outside IR35 and will be a mix of Home and Office Working.
* Innovating and developing new solutions
You will be based in Maidenhead although currently working from home due to Covid restrictions, with occasional visits to other offices and site.
Type of candidate:
* Minimum BEng Civil or Structural Engineering
* Must be chartered or working towards chartership with ICE or IStructE
* Must have considerable experience as a Civil/Structural Engineer with Temporary Works Design experience
* Must be competent in temporary works design including (but not exclusively): earthwork stability, retaining structures, formwork, working platforms, scaffolding.
* Must be competent in engineering software, including CAD.
* Experience of Network Rail, Highways England standards and works specifications (DMRB, MCHW)
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment, although must be able to self-manage