about 2 months ago
Temporary Works Coordinator (TWC), Contract, Bridgwater
The TWC will help to produce the method statements, if any specific Input is required for the Temporary Works, and shall be able to co-ordinate and manage all the design and checking works.
In conjunction with the design and in accordance with obligations under CDM ensure that a design risk assessment has been prepared
The role of the TWC will be considered similar to that of a clerk of works, or inspector, rather than a Resident Engineer
The TWC should be an inspector checking that the certified design is implemented in accordance with the drawings or specification prepared by the designer of the temporary works and, if differences, errors or omissions are found, these should be corrected or referred to the designer or designated individual.
- Co-ordinate all Temporary Works activities of their organisation.
- Ensure that the PCs DI has given approval to the contractor to manage and design the temporary works, and confirm that the organisation has accepted their appointment.
- To ensure a Temporary Works Register is established and maintained for the Temporary Works involved, ideally in the same format as that of the NNB register maintained by the NNB Lead TWC
To carry out the role effectively, the attributes which a TWC should possess include:
- Engineering knowledge and understanding ability to apply technical and practical skills (read, understand and implement the requirements of drawings and specifications)
- Management and leadership - ability to plan and manage particularly people and resources.
- Independent judgement - ability to identify limits of personal and team's knowledge and skill.
- Health, safety and welfare - a sound knowledge of legislation, hazards and safe systems of work, ability to manage health, safety and welfare within own area of responsibility
- Interpersonal skills and communication - ability to communicate well with others at all levels, ability to discuss ideas and plans competently and with confidence.
- Have experience preferably with a civil/structural background with a wide range of temporary works construction experience, with a sound understanding of engineering principles and should have a minimum S year's experience of construction.