19 days ago
Key Accountabilities & Duties
· Develop telecommunications design documentation (reports, schedules, drawings) against client requirements to deliver cost effective, technically viable solutions.
· Produce technical specifications and outline designs for telecommunications assets and systems to deliver the agreed scope and at a suitable level to progress onwards contractual engagement.
· Ensure compliance with applicable industry standards, specifications and procedures
· Contribute to successful high level systems integration through co-ordination with relevant disciplines and parties.
· Provide telecommunications technical advice and expertise to the wider project team.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
This is a role which requires candidates to possess all the skills, knowledge and experience of delivering modifications and renewals to existing telecommunications infrastructure without the need to develop required capability.
· Ability to analyse complex data, draw conclusions, produce reports and make recommendations to senior management.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally.
· Ability to build effective working relationships, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally and to influence.
· Ability to plan, implement and manage projects to deliver to time, budget and quality.
· Ability to use office based computer packages, e.g. MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) in a common engineering capacity.
Knowledge of the following telecommunication systems found within the transportation industry. Specific experience of telecommunications systems design and deployment within road tunnels is highly desirable.
· IP networking (topology, performance specification, inter-network integration, cyber security controls).
· IP Surveillance and analytics CCTV (specification and spatial deployment).
· Public Address/Voice Alarm systems (specification, spatial deployment, integration and acoustics).
· Telephony (VOIP).
· SCADA, end point control and monitoring, systems integration and control system integration.
· Radio infrastructure (UHF leaky feeder spatial deployment, FM rebroadcast, LTE antenna principles).
· Knowledge of maintenance requirements and good industry practice.
· Knowledge of safety legislation and operating rules and regulations.
· Knowledge and understanding of designer responsibilities under CDM regulations.
· Knowledge and capability to undertake quality inspections and site investigations.
· Knowledge of risk management principles.
· Extensive working experience within the Operational Telecoms domain, preferably within the surface transport industry.
· Experience of working in a construction or engineering environment.
· Wide experience of providing professional and technical advice, guidance and support on telecommunications delivery projects.
· Experience of carrying out technical document review and analysis.
· Experience of building relationships with, and influencing, a range of people at all levels within and outside the organisation.