7 months ago
* Develop scoping documents against client requirements to deliver cost effective, technically viable solutions.
* Produce Telecoms technical specifications and outline /detail designs for project tendering to deliver the agreed scope.
* Produce detailed designs and Installation and Test Plans particularly relating to ETCDS (TT Systems)
* Produce detailed cabling schedules/ site drawings/ power requirements.
* Produce Design Check Certificates and Design Compliance Reports.
* Project Engineering: provision of Assurance compliant to LU standards and NLE processes (PAP), specific responsibilities for NLE works on HSCC, OPO CCTV, ETCDS (TT), Long Line PA, Audio Recorders, customer information systems, control room OCP telephony systems and integration with station based systems,
* Lead and manage technical interfaces with other programmes of work related to NLE project locations.
* Contribute to successful systems integration through co-ordination with relevant disciplines and parties.
* Approve design submissions on behalf of the Technical Head - Telecoms, which in doing so promotes the safe delivery of works, a high degree of inter-disciplinary co-ordination, interface management and cost effective long term outcome.
* Provide telecommunications technical advice and expertise to site based project teams.
* Accept telecommunications installations on behalf of the Technical Head - Telecoms to enable handover into maintenance.
* Extensive working experience within the Operational Telecoms domain, within the railway industry.
* Experience of working in Operational Control Rooms without causing disruption to the operational railway
* Experienced in the delivery of Communications Management Systems and interfaces from the control room to site based equipment.
* Experience of Major Upgrade programme integration design and testing (Control Centre to stations).
* Experience of working in a construction or engineering environment.
* Wide experience of providing professional and technical advice, guidance and support on telecommunications delivery projects.
* Experience of carrying out technical document review and analysis.
* Experience of building relationships with, and influencing, a range of people at all levels within and outside the organisation.
* Extensive knowledge of the following telecommunication systems found within the impacted London Underground railway environment:
* OPO CCTV (both legacy and track to train), with respect to the imaging sub-system
* Surveillance CCTV (both analogue and IP)
* ETCDS T
* SCADA system for controlling of ETCDS
* Communications Management Systems in service control rooms (familiarity with Thales systems in use is essential)
* Public Address/Voice Alarm systems
* Passenger Help Point/ Intercom/ Refuge systems
* LAN / WAN
* Cyber Security standards (awareness) to support NLE security experts for systems assigned for NLE delivery
* Customer information systems
* Integrated Station Management / SCADA systems
* Telephony systems including Northgate, Siemens High Path and Funkwerk telephony switches and Interfaces from QSig to DPNSS for compability to Mitel switches.
* Knowledge of Telecoms asset maintenance requirements and good industry practice.
* Knowledge of testing and commissioning.
* Knowledge of safety legislation and operating rules and regulations.
* Knowledge and understanding of designer responsibilities under CDM regulations.
* Knowledge and capability to undertake quality inspections and site investigations.
* Knowledge of risk management principles.