£380.00 - £420.00 per day
28 days ago
We are currently recruiting for a Telecoms Engineer to work on upgrades to Operational Telecoms systems. The job holder will provide specialist engineering support multi-disciplinary project teams and will have accountabilities ranging from derivation of project scoping through to design and delivery acceptance. The role will primarily be office based however attendance on site for survey and inspection, on a regular basis, will be required.
- Develop scoping documents against client requirements to deliver cost effective, technically viable solutions.
- Produce Telecoms technical specifications and outline designs for project tendering to deliver the agreed scope.
- Ensuring that technical standards, specifications, procedures and industry best practice are applied throughout the development and delivery of SFA related works.
- Contribute to successful systems integration through co-ordination with relevant disciplines and parties.
- Approve design submissions on behalf of the Lead Telecoms Engineer, which in doing so promote the safe delivery of works, a high degree of inter-disciplinary co-ordination, interface management and cost effective long term outcome.
- Provide telecommunications technical advice and expertise to site based project teams.
- Accept telecommunications installations on behalf of the Lead Telecoms Engineer to enable handover into maintenance.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to analyse complex data, draw conclusions, produce reports and make recommendations to senior management.
- Ability to plan, implement and manage projects to deliver to time, budget and quality.
- Extensive knowledge of the following telecommunication systems found within the impacted London Underground railway environment:
- OPO CCTV (both legacy and track to train), with respect to the imaging sub-system
- Surveillance CCTV (both analogue and IP)
- Public Address/Voice Alarm systems
- Passenger Help Point / Intercom / Refuge systems
- LAN / WAN
- Customer information systems
- Integrated Station Management / SCADA systems
- Telephony systems
- Knowledge of Telecoms asset maintenance requirements and good industry practice.
- Knowledge of testing and commissioning.
- Knowledge and capability to undertake quality inspections and site investigations.
- Knowledge of risk management principles.
- Extensive working experience within the Operational Telecoms domain, preferably within the railway industry.
- Wide experience of providing professional and technical advice, guidance and support on telecommunications delivery projects.
- Experience of carrying out technical document review and analysis.
***This role is working in the public sector and therefore must be set up on a PAYE or Umbrella basis. No limited companies are permitted. ***
In order to apply for the Telecoms Engineer role please submit your CV and contact details via this advert.