Birmingham, West Midlands
£34000 - £40000 per annum + 24 Days Holiday, Pension, Life Assurance
Rail Technical Team
about 1 month ago
Our client are world leaders in asset management, engineering design and operational delivery, solving complex challenges for clients such as Network Rail.
They are seeking experienced Design Engineers on a permanent basis to undertake work of a technical nature that falls within the jobholders ability and competence. Candidates should be flexible in order to work at any position within a design project team to achieve the project objectives:-
- To supervise the work of other staff
- When required, to undertake the roles of Activity Manager and Designer.
- Preparation of safety critical telecom design, plans and technical details.
- HNC/HND or equivalent but relevant experience may be accepted in lieu
- IRSE Designer Licence 2.1.115v1 (or able to obtain such)
- Membership of the IET or IRSE (desirable)
- Minimum of 3 years' relevant experience in the design of SISS Telecoms including CCTV, CIS, and Public Address systems and experience of Operational Rail telecommunications design would be beneficial.
- Good knowledge of rail industry products, practices and familiarity with applicable railway standards is essential.
- Preparation of all level of design from feasibility studies, outline project specifications through to detailed design submissions.
- Production of Telecoms layout drawings, specifications and other technical documents.
- Production checking of team's work prior to independent check.
- Site visits and surveys, inspection of equipment for condition and capacity, including mentoring of junior staff in these activities.
- Delivery of work (personal workload and that of suppliers and technicians under the Job Holder's control) to programme, budget and specification.
- Mentoring of junior staff within the team.
- Planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources, billable hours and delivery timescales.
- Ensure that design is effectively produced using the CAD system in accordance with office procedures and project specific CAD compliance requirements.
- Updating of designs and records.
- Client, inter discipline and third party liaison