£30.00 - £35.00 per hour
3 months ago
GKN: GKN Luton sits within the Aerospace Group and is a world leader in the production of transparencies and ice protection systems for both civil and military markets. Our customer's trust GKN to deliver the critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full coaching, guidance and mentoring.
The Role: We are currently looking for a Technology Engineer to join our Engineering and Technology team. The role will involve research and development of novel aircraft ice protection systems. The successful candidate will be qualified, in a relevant engineering discipline, and have a demonstrable interest in product design and development within an aerospace environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluation of new materials and technologies against technical requirements.
- Design of prototype units and test specimens, ensuring an optimal solution against requirements (including CAD design and drawings for manufacture).
- Preparation of technical reports - internal and external.
- Hands-on manufacturing and assembly work of prototype units working closely with engineering technician staff
- Specifying, developing and co-ordinating test activities e.g. Icing Wind Tunnel, impact testing
- Customer and supplier liaison.
- Ensure they are fully conversant and compliant with the Company's Health and Safety policies. Ensure that all relevant Health and Safety legislation is effectively implemented and managed.
- Any other reasonable duties
We are looking for someone to be an integral part of the team, but also a self-starter with the drive to develop their skills further. Someone with the planning and communication abilities to make a real contribution to complex engineering projects, with the ability to execute key packages of work whilst working to fixed deadlines. Someone willing to question why, continuously improve, and stretch out of their comfort zone while helping to create the next generation of aerospace components.
- Catia V5 CAD or similar
- MS Office suite
- Structured problem solving
- Prior aerospace R&D experience (beneficial)
- Prior experience in the manufacture of composite components (beneficial)
GKN is committed to the full and effective utilisation of qualified persons, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, or veteran status, sexual orientation, class, or caste. Diversity brings a broader richer environment to our organization, which consequently produces creative thinking towards solutions and also drives innovation.
Our commitment to a diverse workforce requires that GKN inform employees of our policy and our level of expectation to submit the best person for the job regarding qualifications and abilities when referring applicants to our company.
GKN is compliant with the Company's Environmental, Health and Safety Awareness procedures and ensures that all relevant legislation is complied with by effective implementation and management to all employees.