21 days ago
Morson has an exciting opportunity for a Technician or Technical Assistant to work on a contract initially until the end of 2019 working for a Major Aerospace Company in Yeovil.
The duties of the DATA MANAGEMENT office Technician consist is :
- Catia V5 modelling (basic solid and basic Shape design) to create Standard parts models to be then uploaded on various Helicopter VPM systems
- To create and manage documents for standard parts and manage relative data on technical systems - linked to previous point
- To create and modify material master data on SAP 400 system for standard parts and relative SAP replacements - linked to previous point
For assigned tasks, the person will be responsible of:
- First task consist of Standard parts Catia V5 modelling related to Mechanical, Electrical or Piping objects, either with solid or shape design for various Helcopter programs.
- Second related task is to upload those models into VPM system using Catia/VPM catalogues
- Third related task will be to erase any possible mistakes on existing modelling. All tasks above following consolidated and approved Client internal procedures and rules
- Update or create new internal Client standards after evaluation/analysis of the Engineering request and related technical data, under the UK manager overview and in collaboration with Italian colleagues
- Create and manage SAP replacements related to Std parts, after evaluation and analysis of the related technical data, iaw Client standards in collaboration with UK Manager and Italian colleagues
- Create and manage material master data on SAP 400, after evaluation and analysis of the related technical data, as per client standards in collaboration with UK Manager and Italian colleagues.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
- Essential knowledge required on Catia V5 basic solid and shape modelling & design
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office:
- Good MS Excel and Word knowledge are essentially - must be able to use formulas
- Team Working capabilities
- Must be proactive
- Must be able to priorities work and work to deadlines
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
- Preferred but not essential knowledge and ability to understand basic technical documents (Mechanical, Electrical And/or Chemical/Materials)
- Preferred Diploma with technical skills on Electrical or Mechanical subjects
- Previous experience in technical departments and/or quality and/or manufacturing engineering
- preferred but not essential knowledge of standard/basic SAP transactions
- Capability to understand the certification status of the parts, with the aim to correctly create or modify material master data on SAP
- Good knowledge of the Company organisation and procedures
- Additional skills on IT technologies and SW programming are welcome but not essential or mandatory
- VPM is beneficial but not essential
Please send CV or ring Sue Orr on 01935 403205 for more details.