Santa Ana, California
US$15.50 - US$17.00 per annum
11 months ago
Morson International is currently recruiting for a Technician II on a temp to perm basis. Our client is a leading aerospace subcontractor engaged in the manufacture and assemble of precision-machined structural aircraft components and assemblies for tolerance critical applications. Customers include both commercial and defence customers' worldwide.
Under moderate supervision responsibilities may include Heat Treat, assembly, forming, finishing, material removal, inspection, rework and repair of assembly components and parts, per customer specification, operation of machines, hand and power tools, gages and measuring instruments, fabrication of temporary tooling, tooling maintenance and first level maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Evaluates parts identifying areas requiring removal or rework to maintain customer specifications by using measuring tools.
2. Cleans or grit blasts parts and performs inspection as required to insure conformance to specifications.
3. Prepares parts for mask by rinsing and drying, and/or local alodine.
4. Identifies and evaluates patterns. Prior to removal of material determines method to remove material to meet customer specification. Removal of material b tank by media.
5. May prepare parts for the tank by painting and patching and removing all required maskant for etch. Uses exacto knife and scale to hand layer out patterns.
6. May drill details, assembling rivets and brackets on segments and rings, trimming and paint touch up. Restores desired finish to part. Responsible for self-inspection.
7. Grinds, deburrs and forms parts using expanders, hot dye presses and rolls. Cuts chem-mill maskant to prepare parts for chem-milling. Works close to tolerances.
8. May heat treat hardware through operation of all furnaces.
9. May set up fixtures and operates robots to thermal spray production parts.
10. Loads and unloads fixtures as required.
11. Maintains a clean work environment (including assigned storage and cleaning duties) in full compliance with company standards, customer and government regulations.
12. Assists in the development and maintenance of a business culture, which supports the Company's overall business objectives and goals, by providing leadership in issues that involved "cost, quality, proves, schedule, and people."
13. Ensures the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
14. Fully complies with the company policy statement on contracting with the United States Government in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government. Ensure subordinate staff is aware of the policy and their individual responsibility and accountability for complying with it.
15. Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
Requires minimum three years related experience. Must be able to read blue prints, schematics and diagrams. May be certified to operate forklift and overhead cranes. Knowledge and experience in trouble shooting of safety, quality and technical issues with co-workers, quality and engineering functions. Must be willing to work in a repetitive production environment with concern for meeting cost, quality and schedule requirements. The ability to work as a team player as well as independently is required.
High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to read, write, and comprehend English instructions
* Basic math skills
* Manual dexterity
* Good vision with correction
* Ability to stand for long periods of time
* Lift up to 50 pounds
* Withstand loud noise of a machine shop environment
* Must not have a pace maker due to spark test-applicable to Chem Mill