Up to £0.00 per annum
0207 633 2040
about 2 months ago
Provide professional engineering services and/or leadership for all E&M services engineering including LV power (normal and emergency), building management systems earthing, lighting, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and cooling, throughout the asset lifecycle (i.e. Specification, Design, procurement, installation/testing, maintenance and decommissioning/disposal).
* Ideally a Licentiate or an Affiliate Member of the Chartered Institution of Building Services
Engineers or other relevant internationally recognised institution.
* An awareness of design, construction, operation, maintenance and assessment of
Mechanical and/or Electrical systems within a transport environment
1. To oversee safe systems of work by Site employees
2. To understand and interpret method statements and risk assessments
3. Produce a daily report to a prescribed format inclusive of photos.
4. Basic computer skills to support 3.
5. Good team work skills
6. Ability to read and understand Drawings
Responsible for the delivery of safety of line inspections, asset monitoring, operational service support, like for like renewal and upgrade / enhancement works. The role includes support to asset fault response, infrastructure inspection, asset data management and the safe delivery of reliability centred maintenance tasks.
1. Delivering support to front line delivery teams to ensure faults and or newly created / modified assets are managed in compliance with defined TfL standards, processes, procedures or local work instructions
2. Ensuring relevant industry and company standards are met by applying established policies and procedures to ensure safety and functional aspects are managed throughout all phases of the asset lifecycle (design, build, operate, maintain and dispose)
3. Support continuous improvement through the use of effective root cause analysis, data capture and technical reporting
4. Delivery and execution of infrastructure maintenance works, renewal works, relevant technical approval of contracted technical service, asset inspections and quality checks
5. Maintains working knowledge of applicable standards, design codes and legislation applicable to their discipline or functional specialism
6. Undertakes risk-based monitoring and surveillance of site works as required, resolving and or escalating risks and issues as appropriate and commensurate with their level of competence
1. Possesses a minimum of an NVQ level 2 or equivalent in a relevant subject
2. Awareness of risks associated with their work and the potential impacts on colleagues and the transport system
3. Awareness of the TfL Vision, Mayoral Transport Strategy, Business priorities and financial constraints
4. Awareness of the interfaces and inter-dependencies between own discipline and the wider transport system
1. Experience of producing technical documentation or reports
2. Experience in one or more of the following areas: conception, specification, design, construction, testing, commissioning, bringing into use, operational support and or disposal of assets, systems or changes to engineering practice
3. Experience of managing small multi-disciplinary engineering teams or applying engineering principles to resolve low complexity technical challenges
4. Experience of applying engineering procedures to support low risk / complexity projects or operational activities
5. Experience of building relationships with the organisation