£25 - £28 per hour
7 months ago
Our rail client based in Cardiff are looking to recruit a Technician with a level 3 Electrical Qualification or above. Please note you would have to carry our training in Chester so should be willing to travel there.
The main responsibilities will be to:
* Provide technical support to operators and maintainers in the form of provision of fault finding expertise and assistance with examination and repair activities.
* Arrange and undertake test runs to assist in fault finding and resolution of faults.
* Undertake dynamic testing of train systems as required during test runs.
* Carry out fault finding and investigate intermittent faults on vehicles either on depot or in service.
* Provide on train fault diagnosis / rectification service, as directed by maintenance control for units in service.
* Carry out on-depot and in service technical auditing of maintenance and repair work undertaken at depots, Customers Outstations and maintenance performed by heavy maintenance contractors.
* Investigate technical problems arising from the fleet maintenance and repair activities at depots and outstations involved in servicing DMUs.
* Provide technical assistance to the Operator to resolve service problems, implement and support modifications, special checks and experiments.
* Assist with the Technical Review of documentation issued in support of maintenance and repair activities, special checks, modifications and experiments and to ensure that this complies with all aspects of the depot quality system.
* Assist in the implementation of the Maintenance Schedule amendments and other technical instructions.
* Assist with the preparation of locally produced technical instructions and provide technical advice in connection with modifications, special checks and experiments.
* Liaise with contractors and specialist engineers as necessary to resolve technical problems with procedures, materials, component problems (both within and outside the scope of the warranty system) and in connection with special checks, modifications and experiments.
* Plan and deliver technical training to Team Members at depots, and Customer's staff at all outstations and their recognised HQ as required.
* Level 3 electrical, recognised apprenticeship / ONC / HNC and/or relevant experience
* Train experience would be good not necessarily essential as training will be provided.
* Good knowledge of vehicle maintenance instructions (VMI) & working instructions
The role would be situated close to Cardiff but the successful candidate will be required to work at Chester for 2-3 months for a training period. Expenses for this will be accounted for.
Hourly rate is approx. £28 per hour on a Limited company basis.