US$40.00 - US$50.00 per hour
3 months ago
Morson International is currently recruiting for a Technical Writer based in New Orleans, Louisiana area. This is an exciting opportunity for a Technical writer to join a leading training company and share experience with more junior engineers.
This opening for a Technical Procedure Writer with Combined Cycle power plant experience is a temporary position with 12 months' duration expected. Work location with be onsite daily at a client facility in New Orleans, with travel to other client locations within Louisiana possible.
Develops, writes, and edits material to establish proper procedures associated with the operation, maintenance, and/or administration of machinery, processes, systems or facilities by performing the following duties:
* Observes production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
* Interviews production, maintenance and engineering personnel and reads journals, reports and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
* Reviews manufacturer's and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment, including P&IDs and PFDs.
* Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mock-ups and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
* Organizes material and completes writing assignment according to established standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
* Reviews published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content and methods of reproduction and binding.
* Selects photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts to illustrate material.
* Assists in laying out material for publication.
* Associates degree in a technical discipline or equivalent years of technical work experience.
* Previous technical experience in the power industry.
* Former Navy Nuclear Qualified person with Operations and Maintenance experience acceptable.
* Experience analyzing and writing operating procedures as the SME is preferred.
* Excellent PC and oral/written communication skills are required.