Up to £45.00 per hour
3 months ago
Technical Support Planning Engineer
£45.00 P/H Ltd or £34.54 P/H PAYE
6 Month FTC
Accountable to the Head of Voyager Technical Support Services for our client.
Support Centres UK based in RAF Brize Norton, Oxfordshire. The position requires close liaison with the customer's EASA Part M and EASA Part 145 organization on site, to ensure contractual targets and service levels are achieved.
NB. The employee will be subject to UK security clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with operational requirements.
The Technical Support Services team provides sub-contracted aircraft technical management services in support of the A330 Voyager fleet operated by our customer services relate to the continuing airworthiness management of the Voyager aircraft and they are carried out to the EASA Part M standard of compliance. The Airbus DS Voyager Technical Support Services team is based in the customer's facility at RAF Brize Norton and provides its support services as members of the customer's Technical Services, Technical Records, and Engineering Planning departments. The Technical Support Planning Engineer is a member of the customer's Engineering Planning department and is responsible for:
- Providing a medium-term to long-term maintenance planning service, identifying maintenance task requirements for the A330 Voyager fleet and ensuring all tasks are packaged into work packs for execution by the Part 145 maintenance organisation (or an external MRO).
- Helping to plan offsite maintenance inputs.
- Liaising with the customer organisation, Part M short term planning, Part 145 logistics and Part 145 maintenance, to ensure effective and efficient planning of all maintenance and modification requirements to ensure all tooling and manpower is brought together to support the accomplishment of the work pack.
- Liaising with suppliers, manufacturers, and service providers to ensure service levels are maintained.
- Entering and maintaining A330 Voyager maintenance planning data in the customer's Ground Computer Information System (GCIS).
- Managing projects and assignments as directed by the Head of Voyager Technical Support Services. The Technical Support Planning Engineer may also be required to develop procedures and documentation, to ensure efficient and effective working practices, whilst maintaining compliance with EASA regulation, through a process of continuous improvement.
- Clear communication and written skills and the ability to work within a small, multi-tasking, multi-national team are essential.
- Engineering Degree, EASA Part 66 Licence, or equivalent technical qualification. Applicants who do not satisfy the qualifications, but can demonstrate adequate practical experience, may be considered.
- Experience in a maintenance planning role is strongly desirable.
- Experience of the aircraft operational environment is strongly desirable.
If you wish to apply for this role please send your CV or call on 0161 707 1516 for more information.