Up to £0.00 per day
18 days ago
Morson International are recruiting Technical Support Engineers to join our prestigious defence client in May 2020, on a 6 month contract. This role is required to provide support to field trials of Deployable Military Air Traffic Control radar systems at locations in the UK.
Based in Templecombe, you will be part of a team of support engineers who will be trained and competent in the setting up and take down of the system, plus provision of on-site support as required at the trials location if technical problems occur.
You will be provided with specific and full training in the new tasks that will be expected of you. Some travel will be expected, both for achievement of the training and also delivering the required system support.
* Support the transportation, installation and setting up/take down of the radar system as required
* Undertake scheduled maintenance of equipment, including fault diagnosis & local repair as required
* Undertake inspection and testing under project guidance
* Liaise with management and support engineers in order to provide user feedback to the business
Skills, qualifications and experience
* Proven experience of supporting ATC solutions from both a hardware and software viewpoint. This could be from either a civil or a military background. Experience of ground based radar systems.
* Understanding of customers ATC operations from a technical support viewpoint
* Experience of customer ATC site operations
* Proven experience in supporting complex Electro / Mechanical systems
* Ability to generate and deliver timely and accurate oral and written reports concerning equipment condition and serviceability to varying management levels as required
* Holding current SC clearance or be eligible to gain this as required
* Experience in preparation, setup and field support of deployable military C4I capabilities and systems
* Qualified to IET 17th Regulations, Electrical Installation checks.