£150.00 - £200.00 per day
7 months ago
Technical Support Engineer, 1st Line Support, 2nd Line Support, IT Support, Service Desk Support, Incident Reporting, SC Clearance, Security Clearance
Technical Support Engineer required for our client based in the Templecombe, Somerset for an initial 12 month contract.
You will join as a Technical Support Engineer to maximise the operational availability of equipment in the UK. Based at Templecombe, you provide routine support to our client's Users and System Administrators, in accordance with the requirements of the contract in the UK and overseas.
Due to the secure nature of our client's project, the successful candidate must either hold valid SC Clearance or be willing to undergo prior to the commencement of the project.
Technical support will be via the Helpdesk, delivering fault diagnosis, incident reporting and corrective maintenance in response to reported incidents and scheduled preventive maintenance actions. In addition, you will assist in the preparation and roll-out of hardware and software improvements.
Technical Support Engineer Skills/Experience include:
- Knowledge of PC and peripheral electronic equipment failure diagnostic and repairs
- Experience with Networking (WAN & LAN) diagnostic and repair skills.
- Manage the servicing and repair of COTS equipment
- Undertake Inspection and testing under project guidance
- Competence in communicating using the MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to generate and deliver timely and accurate oral and written reports concerning equipment condition and serviceability to varying management levels
- Ability to self-manage and prioritise time and tasking.
- Resolve locally and report where possible, all user queries, incidents or observations concerning the operation of the equipment
- Undertake scheduled maintenance of equipment, including fault diagnosis & local repair
To find out more information, please apply to position with latest version of your CV.