16 days ago
Tech Support Engineer
The Tech Support Engineer is responsible for the analysis of proposed engineering tasks and assessment with regards to time , skills required, tooling and parts to support the planning department. They are responsible for supporting production with technical issues outside of the information readily available, liaising with aircraft and component manufacturers to resolve issues in a timely manner.
Reports: To the Chief Executive Officer.
- Responsible for all technical issues both in the planning phase and the production phase
- Responsible for aircraft structural issues, drawings and CRM repairs.
- Acts as MRO's Airbus World (ABW) computer subscription administrator.
- Ensures the availability of all necessary maintenance data, as required by EASA Part-145.A.45.
- Supplies the necessary technical documents for customers and organises the company's technical records.
- Records and notifies any inaccurate, incomplete, or ambiguous procedure, practice, information, or maintenance instruction contained in the maintenance data used by maintenance personnel.
- Provides common work cards to be used throughout relevant parts of the organisation, and ensures such documents comply with EASA Part-145.A.45.
- Plans an administrative policy that will enable him to meet the technical and operational requirements for the R&MP department in accordance to EASA Part- 145 regulations.
- Determines drawings and repair instructions within the companies scope of work, and coordinates such activities with the DCA and EASA.
- Prepares specifications for the procurement of the new MRO systems and equipment.
- Participates in the investigation of accidents and incidents.
- Implements the safety and quality policy, and manages the Maintenance and Engineering safety risks, as developed by the companies QAM.
- Has the depth of knowledge and is able to impart this knowledge effectively, coaching and developing self and others.
- Attends customer meetings as and when required to explain technical issues and the resolution plan.
- Is actively involved in the development of the business as a whole.