about 2 months ago
Technical/Engineering Lead, Permanent, Bristol
The Technical Lead will be responsible for the management, facilitation and resolution of Technical Issues that may affect the delivery of specific scope, equipment, system with respect to the Integrated Work Schedule (IWS)
This post has the responsibility to support delivery throughout the engineering, procurement, manufacturing, construction and commissioning activities for the life cycle of the contract(s) or work package(s) in accordance with the overall Project Schedule. The particular focus of this role will be the technical delivery of the I&C elements within the Equipment Programme.
The Technical Lead will work within the following dimensions.
* A co-ordination interface exists with a matrix team of other functions as part of a multi discipline team (MDT). In particular, the Technical lead will liaise closely with the NNB Technical Management and Acceptance (TMA) and the Responsible Designer
* Within the Project Management Function
* Direct and frequent Interaction with the Suppliers
* Within the governance arrangements for HPC relating to technical matters
Accountable to the Equipment Technical Delivery Lead and relevant Senior Project Manager/ Project manager to:
* Define the strategy and develop and implement the plan for the resolution of Technical Issues
* Coordinate the work of the required resources to meet the resolution plan.
* Maintain effective communications with all stakeholders in the Technical Issues
* Drive the delivery of technical resolution to ensure they are delivered safely, on time, to budget, meeting business & technical requirements.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all project team members
* Develop and present reasoned and evidenced Contractual technical arguments to defend claims and perceived scope gaps/issues
* Maintain a technical 'open points' register, support the PMs in assessing technical risk to programme and cost
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
* Has tracked record of supporting projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility, within the Nuclear Energy sector or similar regulated environment.
* Has demonstrable experience in the management and resolution of complex I&C issues.
* Understands the mix of engineering deliverables of a multi-discipline engineering project and has capability to work with the suppliers / contractors to request and lead red-lines to existing deliverables or layout prints for consideration of changes through a technical evaluations exercise.
* Able to work across multiple project partner organisations with experience of qualification and process safety requirements for the Nuclear Industry. Understanding and agreeing the step-step sequence to achieve an acceptable qualification framework to meet the project schedule for the equipment within the contract.
* Experience of successfully engaging groups of stakeholders.
* Experience with working with overseas contractors and stakeholders.
* Working knowledge of French language is an advantage.
* Degree in an engineering, construction, physics or other related field.
* Membership of a recognised Engineering Institution is an advantage.
* Good knowledge of CDM Regulations and other applicable UK Regulations, such as LOLER, PUWER and European requirements such as the EC Machinery Directive.
* Understanding the needs of quality and how quality is assured and controlled. Experience of Quality Assurance in the nuclear field is an advantage.
* Ideally Mechanical/Electrical background