Our client are a multinational electric utility company, which operates in the fields of electricity generation and distribution, natural gas, nuclear and renewable energy.
They are currently recruiting for a Technical Services Manager in Wakefield starting ASAP for initially 3 months but then ongoing.
Technical Services Manager is to lead and manage all activities and personnel within Estates maintenance team in order to meet and exceed the PFI service objectives. Ensuring effective business relationships are established and maintained with all key stakeholders, customers, partners, contractors and other third parties to deliver first class services.
● Responsibility for the development and maintenance of high performing PPM Estates team through processes and procedures that provides best in class services for PGI & PGH, with clear ambitious and structured development plans to ensure ongoing improvement at PGI & PGH.
● Support the Technical Services Manager to lead and develop estates personnel, identifying training requirements through gap analysis and initiating a program to deliver a resourced, informed and motivated team.
● Manage the day to day delivery of all hard services, both through PPM's and control of reactive works to ensure response and rectification times are met in line with SLA's and performance levels.
● Support the Technical Services Manager to ensure the Integrity of all critical systems - HV, LV, UPS, IPS, Medical Gases, Nurse Call, to current Legislative, Regulatory, Statutory and Department of Health requirements.
● Support the Technical Services Manager to ensure appropriate levels of AP and CP and personal are trained, qualified and experienced in each required discipline.
● Produce and Validate monthly reports on behalf of the Technical Services Manager for both client and healthcare demonstrating service compliance with payment mechanism, Liaise with the workflow department to ensure all planned and reactive work records are accurate and up to date to maximise performance metrics.
● Contribute to determining resource levels and appropriate methods for benchmarking performance against relevant industry comparators, identify and deliver 'best practice' (where appropriate) and support the creation of a business culture driven by performance against objectives and targets that provides for proper financial management and the objective measurement of post activity audit and evaluation.
● Contribute to the development and delivery of a first class Estates management service linked to clearly identified customer needs (internal and external) which is capable, in time, of competing successfully in the open market for the supply of Estates related services.
● Keep up to date with relevant developments in facilities and property management, ensuring reporting staff / consultants do likewise; to support benchmarking activities to take account or advantage of new developments and to support continuous service improvement.
● Represent PGI & PGH at internal and external forums to ensure the interests of PGI & PGH are effectively represented and to keep aware of all relevant developments.
● Assist the Technical Services Manager with the administration of all Compliance, Legislative and Operational documents and manuals.
● To work with the Technical Services Manager to provide and develop the PPM and Asset data base within Maximo in order to provide an effective Facilities Maintenance service.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
● Substantial understanding of relevant Department of Health, Regulatory and Legislative issues.
● In-depth knowledge and experience of relevant processes and procedures relevant to the role, including quality assurance requirements, techniques and processes.
● Commercial and financial awareness with proven knowledge of budgetary control
● Qualified to HNC or equivalent in engineering discipline
● Accredited to either NEBOSH or IOSH
● Understanding of internal / external stakeholders & partners and their requirements.
● Excellent motivation and influencing skills with a positive can do attitude
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.