£0.00 - £65000.00 per annum
12 months ago
Technical Project Manager
Morson's client is an award winning Housing Developer based in Northampton
- Reporting to Technical Director
- The role will be part site based and part office based, reporting to the management team led by the Managing Director, on a monthly basis
- To manage the design delivery of a number of the Division's developments
- To lead, motivate and control a team of consultants
- To maintain and promote the Company's standards and procedures
- Seek to exceed expectations of the business and our customers
- Manage all aspects of technical due diligence ensuring that all risks have been identified and where practicable de-risked in advance of contract on prospective development site that may be assigned to you.
- Maintain an overview of the architectural design to ensure technical compliance with Building Regulations to enable a seamless transition in the progression the production stage design on developments which you are assigned.
- Ensure that the design complies with the Division's standards
- Promote design that respects budgetary constraints
- Procure surveys and investigations necessary to facilitate design
Responsibilities post planning:
- Assimilate all contractual documentation including Land Sale, Development Agreement, Housing Association etc.
- Compile scope of services and establish design deliverables for Consultant Appointments
- Formulate the design team post planning, initiating and concluding the Consultant Appointments.
- Manage the fee budget reporting monthly outgoings against forecast
- Coordinate and liaise with all interested parties during the planning process and negotiate section 106 amendments.
- Prepare a schedule and coordinates/authorisation of section 16 payments to the Council as required.
- Liaise between the JV partner contractors and DWH's own Civils contractors to enable site efficiencies and clarity of responsibilities with regard to roads, sewers and services delivery, access and egress for customers and construction vehicles.
- Coordinate with our JV partner, the provision of mains infrastructure works to enable the Our Client /DWH phrases to deliver in accordance with our respective programs.
- Establish design programmes that accord with procurement and construction requirements
- Preparation of detailed programmes works for infrastructure and translating this into a cash flow requirement for the company which can be monitored and reported on as required.
- Assisting the Partnership Manager with our selected RSL partner to help deliver the affordable housing in accordance with the programme, dealing with handover paperwork, and the employers agent and in this role.
- Establish sub-contract design programme requirements
- Manage the design team throughout the design and construction process ensuring conformance with programme
- Ensure design accommodates all contractual and planning obligations such as Code for Sustainable Homes, Lifetime Homes, BREEAM, HQI, HCA and any other relevant standards.
- Work closely with the QS/commercial Department to ensure that the design is progressing and deliverable in accordance with the cost plan.
- Undertake tender package reviews and value engineering, working closely with the QS and Construction Team.
- Ensure that all tender work packages are totally comprehensive and enable fixed costs to be established.
- Ensure timely and comprehensive construction information exists to facilitate an unhindered build.
- Responsible for the provision and accuracy of all design deliverables to facilitate sales and marketing material
- Responsible for the provision and accuracy of information to our solicitors for legal conveyance.
- Liaise with our in-house sales/marketing team over client extras, showhome delivery and upkeep.
- Manage the timely discharge of planning conditions
- Manage the timely registration of NHBC Warranty and Building Control
- Manage discharge of both warranty and building control conditions in line with the programme.
- Responsible for the timely procurement of all statutory utility services both temporary and permanent.
- Be the principle contact during the construction works ensuring the timely conclusion to RFI's and general trouble shooting.
- Board reporting for both brands within DWB Group and other reports required for the JV partner.
- Ensure compliance with the Consumer Code for Homebuilders
- Seek to always improve our customer care rating
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of the Company procedures.
- Investigate alternative forms of construction that improve the buildability and commercial success of our developments
- Promote Health and Safety and act as Health and Safety Coordinator for each of the projects allocated to you including preparation of the tender plans.
- Manage the infrastructure bond requirements for the development.
- Manage and coordinate the maintenance process to enable roads and drainage to be adopted in a timely manner.
- Liaise with our customer services team, contractors and customers to facilitate maintenance work if the need arises.
- Manage the handover of commercial areas to the appointed Managing Agent
- Deal with the phased handover of blocks to ensure safe and suitable parking access arrangements for our customers.
- Undertake finished works inspections to ensure quality, finish and design have been achieved as per the contract documentation, prior to handover.