Up to £55.00 per hour
7 months ago
Pay Rate: £55.00 LTD
Duration: 12 Months
Technical programme management role working in a multi-functional team comprising of Human Factors, Operability, Training Needs Analysis and Naval Architects.
The main duties will include:
* Supporting the management of a multi-discipline team of core staff and contractors from across the submarine enterprise of professional engineers and detail designers.
* Assisting in the development of common metrics and plans to ensure reporting of status/performance to plans and controls at programme and project level meetings.
* Interpretation of metrics and related data to support the programme to deliver to quality, cost and schedule.
* Assisting with building and maintaining an effective team, ensuring clear function and individual goals are set and appraised, and facilitate a culture which is consistent with the company's 'total performance' value set. Coordinate actions and strategies to ensure sufficient capacity and resource. Identify and resolve issues between teams.
* Liaison with MoD authorities, Naval Authorities and assurance agencies as required for the discharge of this task.
* Liaising, influencing and agreeing (where directed) with the Client organisation (as appropriate) and the other Technical Authorities, the requirements set applicable to the project.
* Requires detailed and comprehensive understanding of related engineering disciplines. Is not the 'expert', but has a depth of understanding within own discipline and is able to discuss and understand context and implications of technical issues across a limited number of other engineering disciplines.
* Requires an understanding of how activities of own teams interrelate and interact with other functional areas aligned to the same contract.
* Understands in detail the technical specification aligned to the functional area of activity. Requires a limited understanding of the external environment.
You will be experienced in working within multi-discipline engineering teams, ideally with a background in complex marine defence projects.
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK and either possess or be able to obtain UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.