Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Up to £27038 per annum + Bonus
9 days ago
This very successful and diverse organisation are investing heavily in their manufacturing sites across the UK as they are keen to maintain both their high performance and key market position. With a controlling percentage of the UK market and a solid customer base they can offer stability and a strong career path.
The Successful individual will be responsible for the efficient running of the specify work area. Ensuring process and packaging operations are delivered to company standards for safety, product quality and customer expectations
- Ensure that all tasks are completed in accordance with Health & Safety regulations.
- Understand and comply with all relevant safety procedures and regulations
- To comply with all Food Safety Legislation communicated through the Hygiene Policy, the Quality System and Briefings
- Operate to the required standards on all filling line equipment:
- Labellers - wet glue, self-adhesive, tax stamps
- Packers - multi-pack / case / tray & shrink
- Inspection machines - EBI, check mat, closure, label application
- Coding machines - bottle/label/case
Technical operators, following the appropriate training and experience, will be capable of operating some of the above equipment:
- Perform product and equipment changeovers in the required timeframe - involves use of tools, adjusting settings etc.
- Complete all relevant production documentation / records
- Perform first line maintenance/asset care - machine deep clean, adjustment, lubrication and so forth.
- Perform quality checks and complete required documentation/records, using gauges, instruments and data recording system:
- Effective use of packaging materials, stock management, recording etc.
- Understand and comply with all relevant GMP procedures
- Understand and comply with all HMRC procedures
- Ensure all work areas and equipment within your control are maintained to a high standard, by implementing the 6S strategy.
- Perform effective shift handovers
- Build and maintain positive working relationships within the business and other team members, ensuring communications between all team members are effective at all times.
- Liquid quality checks - temp, CO2, DO, fill levels and so forth.
- Packaging checks - closures, labels, cases, date/batch codes and so forth.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required
- Experience on Filling equipment including Krones Machines will be distinct advantage althought not essential.
- Experience of working in a food or FMCG environment, BRC/ISO/HACCP would be an advantage.
- Technical aptitude/experience i.e. the ability to logically diagnose process/fault find machine problem areas.
- Experience of modern manufacturing approaches including; AM/TPM/6S etc.
Please note the consultant looking after this position is Tahanee Twist