Wolverhampton, West Midlands
2 months ago
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive-a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Job location: Wolverhampton
Cargill's European poultry business is a leading supplier of food products to retail, foods service and food manufacturing customers in both European and global markets. This role will be situated at our state-of-the-art customer dedicated processing facility in Wolverhampton.
The position holder will form part of newly formed team who will be the first port of call for all operators, before an obvious engineering breakdown. Taking responsibility for all line settings and standardisation across the shift, as well as the monitoring and maintenance of equipment standards. This is a flexible position, and the position holder will be expected to operate in different areas of the production line.
- To monitor and maintain safe working standards within the team and high product quality standards, and taking appropriate action
- Actively seek continuous improvement opportunities in their area in regards to safety, quality, cost savings and general standards
- Work in a proactive way with the engineering department to improve overall equipment effectiveness
- Align with the engineering department to support the planned preventative maintenance programme
- Achieve KPI's for designated area in line with business targets
- To be the acknowledged production expert in their designated area of the production line (the production line will be split between a new team of Technical Operators)
- To take responsibility for identifying and arranging the training of operatives in all of the machinery/ process knowledge in their area.
- Apply Lean principles and techniques
- Numerate & Literacy skills - essential
- Mechanical aptitude and basic problem solving skills - essential
- Computer literate - essential
- Food production knowledge and quality standards- desirable
- Previous experience in a similar role - desirable
- Previous supervisory experience of managing small teams - desirable
- NVQ Level 2/ 3 in a relevant discipline (Business Improvement, Food Safety, Risk Awareness) - desirable
- Lean Yellow Belt or equivalent - desirable
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the world's leading companies.
The recruitment process and your data
This role is managed by Cargill's recruitment partner, Morson International. By submitting your CV for this role you are providing your consent to your CV and application details being sent to Morson International for the purposes of managing the recruitment process. If you have any questions about how Morson International will use your data for this application process please contact Anne Oxton via 0161 707 1516. If you have any questions about how Cargill will use your data for this application process please contact