Rate on application.
3 months ago
Technical Operating & Maintenance (O & M) Author - Crossrail
Our client are supplying and commissioning a Building Management System (BMS) on the Crossrail Project and are required to provide all stakeholders with operating and maintenance manuals.
Location: - London Crossrail Sites
Office: - Southwark
Role and Responsibilities
* Provide support to the company's project team in providing Operating and Maintenance Manuals in a consistent format across all stations in Word and Excel Templates.
* To liaise with the company's Crossrail team, Tier 1 contractors and Crossrail to progress the O & M manuals to an accepted detailed standard.
* To ensure all assets are captured in the Asset Information System data base (AIMS)
* To test robustness and accuracy of O & M in terms of functionality and user ability
* Taking reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles.
* Co-operating with all stakeholders in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
* Promoting equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
* Working with all stakeholders to ensure that the company's submissions contain all the evidence required for their acceptance of the final design of each company asset.
* Prioritising and resolving non-compliances through dialogue with all stakeholders for complete satisfaction.
(The candidate will ideally have some, but not necessarily all, of the following):-
* Flexible and can do attitude & team player
* Knowledge of BMS or Communication systems,
* 3 years' experience as a technical author writing operating and maintenance manuals or similar technical documents.
* A clear and concise writing style.
* A flair for turning technical subjects and jargon into easily understood text.
* The ability to absorb information quickly.
* An analytical mind and an inquisitive nature.
* A curiosity about how things work.
* Able to attend face to face meetings with the company's clients. Take and issue concise meeting notes
* Comply with all company and contract Health and safety rules
* Ideally Crossrail experience
Hours: 0800-1630, with 30 minutes for lunch