7 months ago
Main Purpose of Position
As a member of the Consultancy Services Division, Technical Offer supports consultancy services to clients on a wide range of projects in the fields of radioactive waste management, decommissioning and environmental restoration.
* Undertake training to gain the core skills and experience necessary to competently deliver the tasks required and to progress effectively within the company.
* Promote the image and reputation of the company and the Consultancy Services Division.
* Support the delivery of Consultancy work, externally and to Operating Divisions.
* Provide technical support to Business Development teams involved in generating internal and external work.
* Accountable to task or project manager for timescales and costs of defined scope of work.
* Accountable to line manager for utilisation, including notifying when at risk of being over- or under-utilised.
* Support the preparation of bids within Consultancy and the company as a whole.
* Provide technical support in area of expertise associated with decommissioning, waste management and environmental remediation.
* Develop competence in technical areas of decommissioning, waste management and environmental remediation.
* Produce high quality documents to support decommissioning and waste management projects e.g. Best Available Technique, Letter of Compliance submissions, waste characterisation documents, experimental and technology reports.
* Support studies, including laboratory trials, to support radioactive waste management, decommissioning and environmental restoration.
* Support the preparation of procedural/guidance documents, with (e.g. work instructions, risk assessments).
* Provide support to projects in the fields of radioactive waste management, decommissioning and environmental restoration.
* Develop expertise and currency in industry best practice.
* Liaise with delivery team as relevant for activities, tasks and projects to which assigned.
* Liaise with Operating Divisions and clients developing and maintaining strong working relationships which will in turn promote the company's business ethos.
* Support meetings and workshops in areas of expertise, both internal and external including provision of technical secretariat.
* Co-author papers and deliver to internal and external committees/meetings etc.
The Company operates a Quality Safety Health Environment and Welfare (QSHEW) system to manage quality, health and safety and the environment. It is your responsibility to ensure all personal actions, and that all tasks and activities are delivered in compliance with the QSHEW system specifically:
be aware of the company's QSHEW policies & procedures which apply to your area of work
conform to the QSHEW system
assist the company in operating the QSHEW system and
co-operate and assist during any audit.
Standards, Expectations & Values
We all have a role to play in our future success and it is vitally important that we know and adhere to our Standards, Expectations and Values.
Regular reference should be made to the Standards & Expectations Booklet.
Passion - perform with enthusiasm to achieve our objectives and aspire to be the best at what we do.
Integrity - be open and honest and act ethically with a right first-time attitude.
Challenge - to challenge the way we do things and look to improve on processes and techniques to deliver value to our stakeholder.
Collaboration - working together with all stakeholders and sharing best practice to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction.
As a Company, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviours. The following corporate behaviours underpin the working environment and assist us in delivering our vision:
Behave in a professional manner and treat everyone with respect
Take pride in yourself, company property and facilities
Challenge others and accept being challenged
Collaborate at all levels with each other
Know and accept your responsibilities and accountabilities
Work safely and reliably and
Be committed to continuous improvement.
You have a responsibility to ensure that your conduct aligns with our company core values and commit to supporting others in providing the highest level of customer service.
Accountable for the safety of yourself and others whose safety may be compromised by your actions and/or omissions
Accountable for the tasks assigned and actions thereof
Communicate with others any uncertainties about tasks, processes or expectancies
Empowered to make decisions, within the constraints of the position description
Meet/exceed the expectations as identified in the position description and
Accountable for maintaining confidentiality in respect of data and personal information in line with GDPR.