Doncaster, South Yorkshire
£350.00 - £450 per day
7 months ago
Cloud, Technical, Migration, Consultant, Server, AWS, AZURE, Google Cloud, Disaster recovery.
Technical/Cloud Migration Consultant
- The Migration Consultant is responsible for technical authority, lead migration engineer, customer engagement and liaising with project teams to deliver solutions for internal and customer focused migrations to existing on premise and cloud platforms.
- Whilst primarily a technical role it will also include customer meetings in which it is expected that the holder will present and participate in discussions around proposed designs and overall migration approach.
* Lead the migration to cloud & on-prem solutions to meet customer requirements (initially based on AWS)
* Lead the implementation of migration solutions & be technical authority
- Provide technical oversight, review, quality control and best practice advice when required Participate in customer meetings to present and discuss options that meet the customer requirement. Educate customers on new environments and changes which they are to expect and offer advice on how to communicate effectively, the impact within their organisation.
Specific Additional/ Experiences:
* At least five years in an implementation / customer facing role
* At least 7 years' experience in IT Infrastructure environment (Networks, Server, Storage, Desktop)
* Familiarity of disaster recovery and backup process
* Knowledge & experience of application and system migration techniques coupled with product sets
* Knowledge of other cloud provider product sets, e.g. Azure, Google Cloud
* Migrations to cloud environments