£44.69 - £46.69 per hour
2 months ago
Technical Management Engineer
Location: Warton (currently working remotely)
Duration: 12 months
Rate: £34.77 per hour PAYE or £44.69 per hour Umbrella
An opportunity exists for a Technical Management Engineer to join a virtual team (due to COVID-19) responsible for providing engineering support to Contract 1 bid proposals and contracted work on a fast jet platform. The value of the tasks ranges from £100K to £10M and vary in complexity.
The Contract 1, 3 and 4 Technical Management team provides an engineering shared service across bids and contract delivery as part of an IPT consisting of Project Management, Commercial, Engineering and Finance. The team performs a Weapon Systems Integration role and covers a wide range of systems, equipment, and structural elements of the whole fast jet Aircraft. You will have a responsibility to support the aircraft through life and deliver a fully integrated solution including capability and support including training.
The team fulfils a strong governance role in support of the bid work, running early design reviews and technical bid reviews to support clearance of the bid proposals.
The successful candidate will provide fast jet Weapon Systems Integration Technical Management support for Contract C#1, new capability bids and contracted tasks.
The role also provides key support to engineering maturity reviews and governance reviews in support of the bids and contracted tasks. Status reviews and reporting will also be undertaken and supported.
The role reports into the Programme Technical Manager for Contract 1, 3 and 4.
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Support Phase 1b reviews for new bids (bid / no bid).
- Review customer requirements for new tasks to ensure they are clear, concise, fully understood and achievable. Engage with customer to refine requirements as required.
- Create SoWs for each new task to support the ERF exercise.
- Create tailored Engineering Management Plans.
- Create a Phase 2c Design Review pack and facilitate the reviews.
- Issue the Design Review certificate
- Create a Technical Bid Review (TBR) pack and facilitate the reviews.
- Issue the TBR certificate.
- Provide Technical Management (TM) support to the Request for Bid Approval (RBA).
- Support the weekly bid IPT reviews to provide TM progress updates against each bid and provide general engineering support.
- Support the task launch meetings for newly contracted tasks.
- Hold regular review meetings with key internal stakeholders to manage task progression.
- Support customer and supplier reviews for the contracted tasks.
- Provide status reports into line manager.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Strong governance background, familiarisation with end to end product engineering lifecycles and Technical Management proven ability would be advantageous
- Proven capability in the creation of Engineering Management Plans and Managing Requirements.
- Proven ability working in a Systems engineering environment
- Typhoon proven ability would be an advantage or knowledge working on a project of equivalent complexity.
- Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).
- Currently due to Covid -19 the role will initially be working from home until lock down is lifted to such an extent to allow staff to migrate back onto Warton site.