about 1 month ago
Our key client in the Nuclear Sector requires a Technical Lead Kitted Spares expert for a 12 month Leicester based contract role. Good hourly rate on offer to the right candidate.
- Support the Production Manager and the Nuclear Spares Kitting team in the resolution of technical queries and issues and the revision or development of engineering documentation required to support the kitting business.
- Supervise engineers and designers supporting the kitting business including specialist input where required.
- Ensure that appropriate verification and governance processes are in place for the documentation produced.
- Responsible for ensuring that the engineering team adheres to budgets and delivery dates agreed with the Production Manager and customer.
- Provide technical liaison between the spares business and customer and supplier technical representatives.
- The Technical Lead has delegated authority to provide technical approval for spares tenders up to a value of £10,000.
- Lead engineering and quality assurance investigations into technical issues arising in current kitting contracts.
- Preparation, verification and approval of concessions and non-conformance requests to ensure that appropriate engineering justification and substantiation are in place.
- Defining component specifications to meet customer requirements. This can include determining modern equivalent replacements to meet the key criteria of obsolete legacy systems
- Assess any items where the technical specification or legislation requirements are unclear and determine whether the issues can be resolved within the scope of this business or if a separate engineering task is to be raised.
- Preparation, verification and approval of engineering BOMs, assembly and part drawing updates, kit box layout drawings and kit quality plans.
- Undertake technical review of and approval of spares tenders before submission to customer, to ensure that all offers are technically compliant to customer requirements and are technically feasible.
Key Knowledge / Skills:
- Candidate educated in mechanical engineering to degree level or equivalent (other engineering disciplines to be reviewed on case by case basis).
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing engineering; tolerances, materials, surface treatments, anufacturing techniques.
- Ability to gather and interrogate information from various document management systems and databases.
- Desirable to have previous experience working with IBM Document Manager, Windream, Alchemy, AUTODESK Vault, Microsoft Dynamics AX, SAP.
- Able to manage multiple independent tasks simultaneously and adapt to changing business priorities.
- Inquisitive attitude to investigate and reconcile information from multiple sources and determine most appropriate conclusion.
- Good working knowledge of MS office (Excel in particular).
- Knowledge of MS Projects would be desirable.
- Broad knowledge of nuclear engineering factors; reactor compatible materials, quality assurance systems, etc. would be desirable.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor would be desirable