Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
£3600.00 - £4000 per month
21 days ago
1 - 2 years
Teaching Avionics / Electrical aeronautical science subjects to Officer Cadets in the RSAF.
A degree of experience in training/instruction would be desirable, although not essential.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Teach approved avionics and aeronautical science subjects.
* Prepare and review courseware including lesson plans.
* Prepare and review test and examination instruments and material.
* Raise reports on the performance of individual cadets and classes, departmental performance and other matters as required.
* Counsel Cadets on academic and disciplinary matters according to approved Academic Wing and Departmental procedures.
* Invigilate tests and examinations according to approved Academic Wing and Departmental procedures.
* Apply Company procedures for configuration control of curriculum and courseware, including preparing documentation and supporting data for curriculum or courseware change requests.
* Contribute to preparation of timetables, scheduling and allocation of instructors.
* Contribute to the acquisition, allocation, maintenance and use of training resources including textbooks, workbooks, classrooms, laboratories, training device, and consumables.
* Provide an environment that encourages independent learning and a military ethos.
* Provide feedback to management to improve service performance and responsiveness and identify opportunities.
* Ensure compliance with SHE policy and processes and Duty of Care responsibilities.
* Undertake all mandatory and developmental training as required by the Company.
* Adhere to acceptable standards of behaviour, dress and performance as defined in Company policy.
* Any other duties as deemed reasonable and appropriate by the Company.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
* Relevant Master's degree (preferably an MSc), or equivalent.
* Completion of a one year post graduate teaching course, an Instructional Technique (IT) course or equivalent (desirable)
* Relevant instructional and teaching experience within five years prior to appointment.
The job holder is to have a tertiary College, University or Military Academy background and have specialist knowledge in at least one of the following areas:
* Aircraft Systems
* Electrical Engineering.
As the contract will cover a full fiscal tax year outside of the UK, you may be eligible to apply for an NT tax coding (zero tax) for your earnings from day one of the contract depending on your personal tax status. National insurance is payable for 52 weeks from commencement of the contract after which you may continue to make voluntary contributions. Additional benefits include accommodation and access to free recreation facilities, all available within a secure compound.