Blandford Forum, Dorset
£400.00 - £450.00 per day
4 days ago
The Technical Engineering Manager role is to manage an engineering team based at the Land System Reference Centre (LSRC), Blandford Forum, Dorset, providing the primary interface back into the client. The LSRC is the UK MOD test facility which allows end to end system testing, which our client have recently been selected to take over the running of this facility.
The role will require candidates with a Systems Engineering background, knowledge of ICT communications, preferably military based, and experienced in managing teams involved with testing, trials, support activities and systems implementation. The position requires a minimum of +5 years experience within a similar role preferably working in secure environment such as MOD/GOV.
Security clearance required SC minimum.
The Technical Manager (LSRC) is accountable for leading the engineering team based at LSRC, ensuring that the specified trials architecture is implemented and maintained in a timely, cost efficient manner that will meet the needs of the planned usage schedule.
They are responsible for defining the strategy for engineering delivery and leadership, ensuring that the specialist engineering teams are brought together effectively to meet the ongoing trials timelines and objectives.
The Technical Manager is responsible for ensuring that the specialist engineering functions are brought together to deliver the trial deliverables and services in line with customer requirements.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Ensure the required services offered by the LSRC are delivered by the available engineering team, and where appropriate resolving identified issues through obtaining additional support from the rest of Secure Communications.
- Facilitating the delivery of technical programmes and initiatives at LSRC efficiently â€" working with all stakeholders to ensure availability of the correct engineering resources where & when they are required.
- Provision of managerial reporting from the teams to the nominated Business Unit Leader
- Managing sub-teams of staff, with assigned Team Leaders
- Be accountable for progress to the various boards
- Ensuring that the agreed System Engineering strategy is implemented throughout the programme lifecycle, involving both internal and external engineering teams. Ensure that the approach selected reduces risk, cost and timescales.
- The subject matter experts are co-ordinated to deliver an overall coherent engineering solution through using their own engineering knowledge and in-line with the defined and agreed system architecture
- Managing progress through co-ordinating and defining Engineering reviews, and ensuring that the reviews are in-line with the normal engineering practice.
- Ensuring that the engineers are well managed through means of appropriate engineering Work Packages and reporting to the Trials Technical Manager.
- Ensuring that Engineering risks are effectively identified and subsequently managed
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge:
- Engineering with proven Management experience and team leading skills
- Ability to create engineering plans and subsequently delivery against those plans
- Experience of working in a UK Government department environment or with UK government customers.
- Collaborating with the various engineering teams across a Business Unit to create a harmonious and efficient working environment
- Knowledge of Information Security and Assurance procedures
- Proficient with multiple engineering processes, design methodologies and a wide range of technologies.
- Experience of using a test environment or test service
- Good understanding of ICT systems, preferably military related ICT systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Military systems and advantage