£300 - £400 per day
7 days ago
6 months min
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES (generic across all functions)
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety, quality, sustainability and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHESQ department.
* Attend audits where required and provide evidence as necessary
* Be the company 'expert' on all technical competence and compliance learning & development matters especially in relation to skills development such as Operative competence requirements, CSCS accreditation, NPORS, CPCS and other industry related accreditations and competencies, as well as other relevant best practices and emerging issues.
* Build, develop and maintain effective relationships with business stakeholders in relation to aligning career development to technical development.
* Collaborate with the wider Learning and Organisational Development (L&OD) team to ensure that our processes and procedures are assisting in maximising any reclaim or funding opportunities.
* Design, implement, manage and continuously improve an effective, internally run, externally accredited assessment centre for the whole business to offer nationally accredited programmes such as NVQs and other QCF technically related courses at all levels
* Deliver both technical and appropriate developmental training where required
* Develop a comprehensive library of training material in all formats, be that e-learning or physical product
* Develop and manage a Preferred Supplier List that is effective across the business in relation to technical training.
* Engage with and effectively manage the interface with relevant professional bodies and Institutions such as NEBOSH or IOSH.
* Keep accurate budgeting and accounting records.
* Lead on accreditation requirements for the business in relation to technical development.
* Maintain excellent relationships and communication with preferred suppliers such as City & Guilds, IOSH, EUSR, CITB & CPCS & 3rd parties.
* Monitor compliance with CSCS and other skills cards, and provide advice and action planning where needed.
* Optimise interest in technical development across the relevant business areas.
* Provide leadership to the technical trainers ensuring an effective service to the business.
* Provide management information on request
* Provide support to the Development Partners in relation to technical development.
* Support the Training Manager in embedding a group-wide competency framework for all applicable roles at any level and from any source.
* Support the Technical Training Manager in ensuring that all competence procedures and requirements are included on any site or project level inductions.
* Support the Technical Training Manager in ensuring that the learning and assessment teams across the business comply with the relevant accreditation Quality Assurance requirements such as those from City and Guilds, the Institute of Leadership and Management, CPCS or CSCS for example.
* Support the Academy Manager to understand the needs of the business in the area of Technical Development and ensure our development programmes are designed to meet those needs.
* To develop relationships with our people on any technical development route and responsible for maximising their success.
* Undertake special projects on behalf of the Technical Training Manager or other Senior Managers as requested.
* Implement areas of best practice from the industry.
* Work collaboratively with the Shared Service Centre to ensure that training administration is seamless and effective.
* Proactively researching and identifying best practice initiatives and delivering as appropriate.
* Ensure the People team's contribution is strategically business relevant and aligned to commercial goals.
* Work in the spirit of the company's Investors in People accreditation, contributing to best practice.
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
Industry recognised competence qualification such as relevant Site Management CSCS Card, SMSTS, NEBOSH or relevant NVQ
PTTLLS or equivalent training delivery qualification
Behaviour Safety trained Recognised management or leadership qualification
A1/IV NVQ/QCF Assessor Level 3 & 4
Certificate in Safety Management Level 3
IOSH Approved Instructor Qualification in Engineering
Relevant CSCS Card
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
Proven track record in this area across a multi-site, multi-functional business
Experience of managing complex technical development programmes
Extensive experience of developing and implementing competence programmes
Extensive training delivery and assessment experience in a construction related environment
Proven budget control experience
Experience of working both operationally and strategically with relevant industry bodies such as CSCS, NPORS, CPCS, CITB for example
Construction and site management industry experience