Up to £400 per day
20 days ago
We are currently looking for a Technical Design Manager for our client to work on the Baltic Eagle offshore windfarm project. Technical coordination of the secondary steelwork design for monopile foundations
- Management of works performed by the projects external design consultant
- Coordination of technical queries from fabrication and installation contractors during the development and construction phases
- Management of the certification process with independent verification bodies associated with secondary steelwork
- Embedded within the Foundations Package of the Baltic Eagle OWF project the Consultants / Contractor shall report to the Foundations Design Manager
- Provide key engineering advice, assessment and recommendations to ensure delivery of the design and construction of the WTGs Foundations within time, to budget and quality following the highest industry practice and observing the maximum respect for Health, Safety and the Environment to ensure regulatory and legal compliance.
- Provide expert advice on programme strategies / engineering, strategies / risk levels and commercial agreements to ensure that cost effective technical solutions are identified, fully evaluated and the risk profile is fully understood by the project.
Master's degree in Structural Engineering (or equivalent) and have at least five (5) years of relevant experience as a professional structural engineer in offshore wind.
- The Consultant / Contractor shall have experience in several of the following areas:
o Structural steel design for secondary steel (external, internal and airtight platforms, boat landing and ladders, etc.) and appurtenances for offshore wind foundations.
o Deep knowledge in design of steel structures and welded/bolted joints including strength, stability and fatigue calculation.
o A deep understanding of relevant design codes and standards such as DNVGL and Eurocode 3
o Sound know-how in FE tools and capability to assess FEA results
o Practical experience in working with certification bodies.
o Knowledge of fabrication processes of steel structures, materials, testing, etc.
o Knowledge of corrosion protection systems for offshore structures.
o Experience in the integration of low voltage and ancillary equipment (e.g. cranes) within the foundation detailed design, including clash analyses.
o Coordination and implementation of design and functional requirements from foundation transport and installation, foundation fabricators, inter array cable contractor and wind turbine generator.
o Hazard Identification (HAZID), Design Risk Assessment (DRA) and Hazard and Operations (HAZOP) processes for offshore wind projects.
o Coordination of drafters for the preparation of detailed design, approved for construction (AFC) and as-built drawings.
o Sound relationship management skills with experience with highly skilled teams
o Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and can demonstrate the ability to work effectively remotely
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is essential and language skills in Spanish or German are desirable.
- Experience working on offshore projects under German legislation with shall be considered favourably.