Technical Data Editor
Aerospace and Defence
Up to £23.31 per hour
about 1 month ago
Generate new sets of Saudi RSNF Technical Publications utilising Adobe Framemaker 2017 (unstructured) document data editoring software in accordance with the agreed change requirements. Source material comprising existing handbooks, requiring embodiment of data cleanse review analysis information produced by the Saudi RSNF author team.
Develop/modify Framemaker 2017 (unstructured) templates aligned to document standards to ensure consistency in layout, enhance conversion/update processes and improve quality of output.
In addition to those already stated:
- Create draft and new issue Adobe Framemaker (FM) publications, using up to date templates, to the required standard, predominantly for the Saudi Data Cleanse (DC) task.
- Create draft and new issue PDF files for FM Publications; PDF Publications including all navigational bookmarks.
- Perform self-verification, with accountability for the quality and completeness of own work, including preparing supporting quality documents and Project engineering validation sign-off.
- Configuration management of assigned tasks, predominantly DC task.
- Prepare and Co-ordinate the printing (hardcopies) production.
- Communicate to the appropriate Stakeholder any deficiencies in information received, agreeing timelines for delivering updated data/artefacts to ensure impact on the Saudi programme is minimised.
- Provide support to Technical Authors, specifically Framemaker application, as required.
- Liaise with the tech authors/Project Lead to deconflict priority issues.
- Contribute to the maturing of the DC process, to enable the improvement of the service.
- Contribute to the preparation of the reporting pack, supporting the Project Lead, (e.g. schedule / milestone performance and financial reports).
- Application of the Technical Publications Business Management procedures.
- Awareness of key stakeholders and contract objectives and deliverables. Liaison with other engineering and support functions as required across the ILS team.
Comply with statutory requirements, regulations and company procedures, including SHE and ITAR.
- Practical experience (expertise) with Framemaker 2017 (unstructured), document editor application software.
- Good knowledge of documentation generation and amendment techniques and processes.
- Ability to understand the needs and demands of a diverse group of stakeholders
- Good knowledge of data configuration management techniques and applications.
- Ability to interpret requirements from source documentation.
- Practical experience across different areas of document Project Lifecycle in delivering technical data.
Experience of working on projects with high volume of document change.