about 2 months ago
Our client, based in Grangemouth are looking for a Technical Clerk, on a contract basis, initially for 12 months.
The Technical Clerk (Engineering) will assist various internal teams and will provide administrative support within engineering. Tasks will include; documentation control, upkeep of engineering systems and scheduling of maintenance activities.
Key Responsibilities for the job include:
* Deliver a broad range of administrative and technical clerk services
* Assist with configuration management by monitoring and assisting with all aspects of engineering change control (modifications)
* Complete AUTOCAD drawing updates in support of change control work (within capability / training).
* Create and scheduled maintenance work plans
* Monitor and drive progress to meet the maintenance schedules (by interaction with relevant individuals/groups and via planning/coordination meetings)
* Provide engineering shut-down support by preparing key documentation
* Compile and report engineering measures of performance and ensure tools are used to drive continuous improvement
* Provide effective communication to ensure technical requirements are provided to internal and external groups carrying out planned maintenance, breakdown maintenance, and projects
* Assist in the development and management of plant technical libraries, ensuring that all engineering documentation, registers, drawings and diagrams are maintained in an accurate up-to-date condition.
* Deputise for the Engineering Systems Administrator during periods of absence.
* Strong evidence of behaviours and emotional intelligence critical to role success, e.g. Team-player, attention to detail, practical, flexible etc.
* Demonstrate a proactive approach and positive attitude
* Sound understanding of configuration management and change control concepts
* Listening, analysing, numeric and reasoning skills
* Communication skills - written / verbal
* Organisational skills, personal flexibility and drive to key activities through to completion.
* Good working knowledge MS Office applications
* Some knowledge of AUTOCAD would be beneficial/ desirable