US$40.00 - US$50.00 per hour
5 months ago
Morson International is currently seeking a Technical Buyer III for our client, an aerospace manufacturer. We are in need of a Buyer who procures any raw materials, goods and outside supplier services at the lowest possible cost consistent with accepted standards of quality and service to meet company cost and schedule targets. May, as required, act on behalf of the Manager, Purchasing.
1. Develops complex procurement plans for multi-year agreements, learning curve cost progress, incentive pricing agreements and option lot forward pricing agreements, utilizing developed cost targets, anticipated schedules, annual usage, etc.
2. Analyzes, quotes and compiles pricing of goods and services and delivery in conjunction with Estimating, Marketing and Material Control in support of company needs.
3. Negotiates, places and administers purchase orders with suppliers in response to requisitions for goods and services.
4. Provides follow-up and feedback to Purchasing Management and business units concerning supplier performance to schedule and opportunities for expediting to meet company needs.
5. Resolves Quality, Engineering, and Accounts Payable issues concerning suppliers in an expedient manner.
6. Recovers costs from the suppliers for scrap, rework and costs incurred by company due to supplier discrepancies.
7. Initiates cost-savings/avoidance reports on individual purchases for monthly departmental reports.
8. Satisfies minority and small disadvantaged business ratio requirements.
9. Represents the company in discussions with internal personnel and suppliers concerning commodities and involve or upgrade to Purchasing Management, as required.
10. Develops target costs with Estimating for products, working with internal personnel and suppliers to use as a tool in negotiations.
11. Develops milestone plans for recovery schedules.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS & SPECIFICATIONS:
Requires a 4-year degree in Business Administration, or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Requires 5 years extensive purchasing experience, preferably in an aerospace manufacturing environment. Must possess a thorough knowledge of specific operations required to manufacture products, type of equipment required and associated cost factors. Must have the ability to read and understand blueprints and written detailed specifications and have in-depth knowledge of procurement policies and procedures related to Federal Acquisition Regulations and Defense Acquisition Regulations (FAR/ DAR), buyer/seller legal responsibilities and common industry standards, practices and requirements applying to technical considerations of goods and services procured. Must have worked in a mechanized purchasing system and be familiar with Material Requirement Planning (MRP).