£225.00 - £275.00 per day
9 months ago
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Author to sit within the Work Instructions team within HSE. The team is responsible for delivering updated work instructions for all safety critical maintenance tasks, to a high standard and in a consistent format and to the project schedule and budget.
The Key Accountabilities of rthe Technical Author will be as follows:
- To own and manage the Quality Assurance review process, measurement and enforcement of defined standards.
- To define and deliver accurate, unchallengeable blue prints which ensure contractual obligations are met and are enforceable
- Ensure that processes are reusable, efficient and cost effective to support the 3S Principles - Simple, Scalable, Supportable
- Embedding standards and processes across multiple teams and multiple suppliers to deliver to high quality tools and online services.
- Gathering information and presenting it in suitable formats with an understanding of the target audience. Proofreading, editing and formatting documentation for technical, business and consumer audiences
- Working with relevant stakeholders to discuss technology and authoring requirements
- Researching, designing and creating technical documentation in a timely and quality manner
- Define, create, and maintain an up to date library of technical documentation that supports a consistent and efficient delivery process.
- Knowledge of back end infrastructure and architecture that supports online delivery such as operating systems, networks, hosting, firewalls
- Knowledge of online technologies
- Knowledge of technical authoring tools and techniques
- Insight or experience of technical development methodologies Agile, Scrum, ITIL
- Insight or experience of process development methodologies DMAIC, LEAN
- Experience of working within a technical team or environment
- Experience in authoring technical documents for use by technical and non technical audiences
- Experience in engineering / maintenance discipline
This role is working in the public sector and therefore must be set up on a PAYE or Umbrella basis. No limited companies are permitted.
In order to apply for the Technical Author please submit your CV and contact details via this advert.