Rail Technical Team
about 1 month ago
Morson International is recruiting for a O+M Technical Author to support the Employer, in delivering and expediting the successful Handover of the Element to the Infrastructure Managers (IMs), through collaboration with the Project Team, the representatives of the IMs, the wider Handover team and the wider Team.
An Element is defined a collection of assets which form part of the Railway as a whole. An Element may be a station, shaft, portal, or a system.
- Produce O&M manuals and revise these manuals to satisfactorily address the comments from the Team and IMs.
- Identify concerns and possible solutions to the O&M Coordinator, participate in meetings with reviewers to agree on resolutions.
- Support the O&M Team to meet the schedule and quality requirements, liaise with Field Assurance Engineers, designers, and construction team when necessary to resolve issues.
- Make sure that O&M manuals reference Asset Database and reflect the installed conditions.
- Make sure that all technical information including Health and Safety information, hazard assessment, spares and equipment, warranty, drawings, certification, legacy design etc. are presented in a consistent manner.
- Peer-review O&M manuals produced by others to ensure that quality requirements are met.
- Responsibilities and Accountabilities Change
- Support the successful Handover of the Element and its systems to the Infrastructure Managers (IMs).
- Is responsible for the Element O&M manual deliverables.
- Support the O&M Team and nurture the relationships within the wider Project Team.
- Asset Data
- Liaise with the Asset Data team to identify and resolve any non-conformances with the asset data to get the asset data referenced correctly in O&Ms.
- Execute specific O&M related tasks as directed by the O&M Coordinator.
- Collaborate and share best practice with the O&M Team, the wider Project Team in general.
- Co-operate with all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Public Health, Premises, Civil or Structural) is highly desirable.
- Experience in the delivery of railway station mechanical, electrical and public health (MEP) systems and detailed knowledge of the O&M manual writing.
- Knowledge of LU, RfL and/or NR environment and relevant processes and procedures. A good understanding of Assurance in a rail environment is desirable (e.g. LU Standard S1538).
- Proactive management - actively chasing people to get actions closed out and to supply requirements.
- Excellent Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook skills.
- Excellent communication, especially technical writing skills.
- Able to work collaboratively to achieve common goals across different organisations.
- Ability to implement actions and tasks within a project team in a matrix organization.
- Ability and determination to devise and follow procedures and challenge others to do so rigorously.
- Self-starting, including a drive to propose and implement process improvements.
- Analytical skills and ability to identify and present key messages and risks arising from that analysis.