Newton Heath, Greater Manchester
8 months ago
Morson International are currently recruiting for an exciting role as Technical Author to work for a well-established manufacturer of aviation safety equipment. As Technical Author you will be responsible for creating and updating technical publications, acceptance test procedures, build plans, equipment related documents covering Company products in accordance with specification requirements and quality standards.
- Explore technical requirements for Publications by referring to: engineering drawings, production standards and processes, Logistic Support Analysis records, related component hardware proving using appropriate tooling. Identify and liaise with relevant departments in order to resolve technical issues and requirements.
- Creating new and standard technical publications and amendments using industry recognised techniques including; application of appropriate data structures, formatting and detail. Identifying and specify illustration requirements and usage. Undertake hands-on demonstration and validation using appropriate tooling and engineering techniques. Undertake proof reading prior to passing data into quality systems.
- Creating Illustrated Parts Catalogue in accordance with industry standards, maintenance policy and techniques.
- Understand and apply data configuration control and archiving techniques and data management processes.
The ideal candidate will have experience within:
- Experience of working within the Aerospace/Defence industry
- Experience of desktop publishing (e.g FrameMaker) with the ability to work with new publishing production tools and processes.
- English language will be highly developed with emphasis on grammar and vocabulary.
For more details, please contact Louise Taylor at Morson