Prestwick, South Ayrshire
Up to £26.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
Technical author required to work within the Technical Publications Department, responsible for the preparation of technical publications on Military Aircraft projects.
As a Technical Author your responsibilities will include;
- The production of descriptive and procedural Data Modules.
- Migration of Data Modules from S1000D Version 1.8 to Version 4.1.
- Integration of applicability identifiers for modification status.
- Apply editorial changes to style and layout.
- Error reporting.
Skills and Experience
- Educated to HNC/HND level within an Engineering or Aeronautical background or equivalent working experience.
- Aeronautical electrical/avionic apprenticeship/formal training would be an advantage.
- Experienced in the field of aviation through practical hands on would also be considered.
- Familiarity with the use of the following; ASD Simplified Technical English, SGML/XML based Editing Software, Common Source Data Base (CSDB).
- Good sound knowledge of engineering systems and general aircraft related documentation would be advantageous.
- You will have strong communication skills, good attention to detail and be keen to develop your skills with a willingness to learn. You will be comfortable working with others within a team, in a fast paced environment, to achieve results whilst adhering to deadlines.
Due to the restricted nature of this role, successful candidates will be eligible to attain SC clearance.