£30.00 - £34.60 per hour
14 days ago
Following the award of several contracts, our client is seeking a Technical Author to deliver contractual obligations and to support the Technical Publications Manager.
In addition, the Technical Author is required to produce bids and proposals, as required.
The Technical Author's primary role is to deliver packages of work in a professional manner.
Provide technical support, and advice to their team in accordance with relevant specifications, applicable standards and implementation processes.
To ensure latest Technical Publications technologies are reviewed and proposed as solutions to the Technical Publications Manager as required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Produce technical publications as directed by the Technical Publications Manager
- Write documentation plans and implement
- Create Data Modules and Information sets in accordance with ASD1000D
- Utilise technical publications author ware and the Common Source Database
- Create illustrations
- Liaise with the design community
- Manage reviews and verifications
- Deliver to a high quality standard
- Able to interpret contractual requirements and produce a management plan, and to deliver the solution to the expectation of the customer and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the overall Supportability Engineering Transformation Plan.
- Contribute to relevant Engineering Communities of Interest.
PROVEN ABILITY / KEY SKILLS
Strong ability in development and delivery of technical publications projects,
- Technical Authoring
- Common Source Database (ASD1000D)
- Simplified Technical English
- Logistic Support Analysis (Record)
- Arbotext suite of products, iLOG, Adobe.
Knowledge within the following industry sectors would be desired: Defence/Military, Nuclear, Rail, Energy