Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £0.00 per day
Rail Technical Team
about 1 year ago
Morson International is recruiting for a Technical Author working on behalf of a Transportation client based in Manchester.
- Support Maintenance Project, production and updates of the maintenance instructions, maintenance procedures and fault-finding guides.
- Commission any photographs or illustrations were required.
- Define the technical, material and tooling requirements for preventive maintenance.
- Liaise with Reliability and RCM Engineer, Systems Engineers and Maintenance Staff to ensure the developed technical content of the maintenance manuals are correct.
- Previous experience as a technical author in Traction and Rolling Stock.
- Experience of rail vehicle or tram maintenance.
- Fast learner, with excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to convey information clearly and concisely.
- PC literate with good understanding of computers and proficiency in MS Office.
- A clear and concise writing style.
- A flair for turning technical subjects and jargon into easily understood text - simple language, accuracy and methodical approach to work.
- Work is primarily office based, although you'll often visit the trams under maintenance to gather information for the development of maintenance manual.
- HND or above in an Engineering related discipline.